If you didn't know, the Pokemon fad is coming to an end. That's because this lame-ass excuse to sell stuff is a FAD. Yes, an F-A-D. Just like the Ninja Turtles and the Power Rangers, Pokemon is a dying fad.

If you don't believe me, think about this: Digimon is gaining strength as Pokemon loses it. Soon, Digimon will surpass Pokemon in sales and popularity. And it too will be replaced by whatever becomes popular in two or three years.

Even though Pokemon has the makings of a highly pervasive, highly popular craze, it's in its final months because:

So you see, fellow Pokemon haters, let's wind down and prepare for the evil DIGIMON!

Okay, so Digimon bombed a$$. And Pokemon is no longer the in thing, but it is still going quite strong.

Notes:

Pokemon was the in thing back in 1999 and 2000. In those days, I had an almost-stereotypical Anti-Pokemon site, that is, it had pictures of dead Pokemon, nasty HTML (hand-coded in the early days, until I discovered Netscape (4.61) Composer), and gaudy colors.

In the Netscape Composer days, I used one-cell, right-aligned tables for headings, more FONT tags than a font sampler, and screwy tiled backgrounds (including one of the IP addresses of an anti-Anti-Pokemon luminary - this was before I learned about dynamic IP addresses). Then those days gave way to old-fashioned hand-coding.

A while later, after I had started screwing around with CSS, I had figured out what HTML was truly about (structure), and I used a CSS idea from another site to create a 2-column layout without tables. It turned into an A List Apart ripoff in its last months, and then I made this layout. And there's still no tables.

Fast fact: In the original opening of the Pokémon show, there is a practically imperceptible amount of the kind of nudity that would get a show thrown off the air.