Microsoft's newest piece of trash browser is yet another one in a long line that is just good enough for people not to look for other browsers. You would think they would make a better browser than the last version, but they royally screwed up.

If you use IE6, and have problems with the front page of my site (the bottom of the menu disappears when you move your pointer into the right side of the page, it's NOT MY FAULT. It's your browser's fault since it obviously has a bug in its rendering engine. Mozilla doesn't do that, Opera 6 doesn't do that, hell, even IE5.5 doesn't do that.

Plus it still has problems with many PNG files that will show up in Opera and Mozilla, as well as practically any other PNG-supporting application on Earth. It's pretty obvious that what the IE developers are working on is not the best browser around, but rather a feature-packed browser that's just good enough.

They not only did not fix IE5(.5)'s bugs, they added more bugs, and more features that bring more bugs, like Smart Tags (aka Stupid Tags). I don't know why anyone would want to use this piece of junk browser, since there are at least three other good browsers out there (two if you count Netscape 6/7 and Mozilla as simply Gecko browsers).

The best thing to do is to try at least one of these browsers, and if you don't like them, go back to your mediocre IE6, and complain about how my page doesn't work right. Or better yet, complain to Micro$oft and tell them their browser is a piece of crap. Then switch to Mozilla or Netscape 6/7 (or Opera 6) and enjoy the real eXPerience.

Notes:

If there are problems with this page in IE6, it's still your browser's fault. And Smart Tags are still the dumbest idea around, other than deciding to keep using IE.