Okay, I've pretty much had it with ignorant b#st#rds who cannot seem to make a site that can be viewed with indie (read: better) browsers. Although the site shows in Netscape (which is getting crappier by the version--Netscape 6 really licks a$$), I cannot access the site with the browser of MY choice, Opera! Why the f##k is that?! Opera is significantly better than either of the Big (literally) Two. It was designed with the user in mind. And it's the only way to maintain your hardware investment and have a browser that can understand the latest features. And Opera 6 and 7 are free!

They just want me to switch to either of the Bloated, Lame, and Virtually Worthless Two. But I almost certainly won't.

I have moved to Mozilla since this was written, but these sentiments should still hold true for all you Opera users out there.

Indie browsers have distinct advantages over the Big Two:

And so you see why people might say F##k the Big Two and use indie browsers. So get off your lazy Web-trasher a$$, stop telling people to get a real browser and learn real HTML!

Notes:

This was written way back in late 2000, when I used Opera 4 (and later 5). I used Opera partially because I had a WinME machine with 32 megs of RAM (upgraded to 128 in September 2001). This fact tints my rant about Netscape 6, as well.

Once Mozilla 1.0 came out, I ended up switching. But still, there's sites that'll lock me out because I don't have Microsh!t's finest or an ancient version of Netscape. If your site requires Internet Exploder or Crapscape 4, I'll give you some advice: get with the 21st century for once, and take notes on my HTML and CSS code (but don't rip them off, pantywaste!). Then rewrite your site to conform with standards so IE 9, Netscape 10, Mozilla 2.0, and Opera 11 (running on ReactOS, I hope :-) don't rip your page up like a dog on a baby possum.

Fast fact: The Off by One browser requires no installation, and bypasses Windoze 2000 group policies against saving files :-)